How The Reishi Mushrooms Cured Me
Humans originated from nature, making us an integral part of it. Our cities and societies, though seemingly separate, are built upon the foundations of the natural world. Recognizing ourselves as nature suggests that everything essential for human well-being and optimal functioning is already present in the natural environment.
Regrettably, a number of individuals in densely populated, polluted urban areas find themselves disconnected from their connection to nature. The recent surge in technological advancements has only exacerbated this disconnection.
The encouraging news is that a growing number of people are awakening to the need to relearn the basics of good health and re-establish their link with the Earth and their connection to the higher power, and all that we are.
For over 300,000 years, humans thrived in close bonds with nature. However, modern lifestyles have disrupted this vital connection, and we now face the consequences. Research indicates a strong correlation between well-being and a connection to nature. Reestablishing this bond is essential, and spending time outdoors can serve as a means to restore it. Yet, engaging directly with nature, such as through foraging, offers even greater benefits. Our natural affinity with nature is woven with pro-environmental behaviour, creating a relationship of mutual benefit.
While natural medicine can be contentious, many individuals, as a last resort, turn to it and discover its effectiveness when all conventional methods fail. Every element used by humanity originates from nature and carries an energetic frequency. The healthiest components thrive with natural sunlight, grown in organic soil free from harmful pesticides. These natural foods contain the highest nutrient levels, providing vitality and energy to our bodies.
In my belief, mushrooms, herbs, and plants will ultimately emerge as the most potent medicines in the future, capable of healing a variety of ailments when combined with wholesome diets.
How I discovered Reishi Mushrooms
As a former swimmer, I suffered from a persistent fungal ear infection. I sought conventional medical help for years, and exhausted all options without success. Frustrated and left with no recourse, I turned to prayer.
One morning, I woke up in bed to a distinct inner voice suggesting "Reishi mushroom." I immediately realized the logic of treating a fungal infection with a fungus. With nothing to lose, I purchased some Reishi mushroom powder and drank it with my daily tea. Miraculously, within two weeks, my symptoms significantly improved. This experience prompted me to delve deeper into the extensive benefits of mushrooms.
The Studies And Uses
The reishi mushroom is a well-known powerhouse of antioxidants, including polysaccharides and triterpenes. These natural elements can be linked to many health advantages.
Traditional Chinese Medicines have adopted reishi mushroom, also known as Ling Zhi, as a vital ingredient for millennia. The health benefits of reishi mushrooms are utilized in many forms of holistic medicine.
There are now mounting studies to suggest that reishi mushrooms support many health related ailments with little-known reported side effects. This natural growing resource can help support a multitude of ailments. However, as with all medicines be mindful of dosage and always seek professional advice before consumption.
Some Potential Health Benefits
- Liver function Adaptogens help our bodies manage stress and restore balance. In reishi mushrooms adaptogens work to improve liver function by helping to flush out toxins and harmful bacteria, leading to improved immunity.
- Hormonal balance Reishi is a powerful adatogen helping to regulate the release of stress hormones. Although most studies have been carried out on animals, reishi has been shown to have certain protective effects on the immune system, nervous system, and endocrine system of monkeys.
- Fungal and bacterial infections, including UTIs The triterpenes found in reishi help to offer protection against microbial, viral and fungal infections. The positive effect on the white blood cells can help to give the immune system a boost.
- Cancer According to some studies, the polysaccharides found in medicinal mushrooms have important benefits that help to fight cancer. Additionally triterpenes found in reishi mushrooms may also have cancer-fighting properties.
- Diabetes A clinical trial on people with diabetes showed that reishi helped reduce both blood cholesterol and insulin resistance. The compounds found in the mushroom help to reduce blood sugar, and blood pressure, reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Relaxation and spiritual practices Reishi can help you to reduce stress, and bring more balance to your life. It works to help support your whole body so that you can work on your spirituality. Going back thousands of years reishi was known by the Taoists as the herb of immortality. It can help to guide you around any obstacles you are facing that prevents enlightenment of the mind. Reishi has the ability to deeply relax the nervous system, quiet the mind, and instill a state of focused relaxation. It is used by spiritual seekers, and individuals seeking respite from the pressures of life.
- Inflammation in the body According to studies, the compounds in reishi mushrooms have been shown to reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation is a major cause of many chronic diseases and conditions, such as arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s. By reducing inflammation in the body, reishi mushrooms may help prevent these ailments from occurring.
- Heart health The reishi mushroom looks a little bit like a heart, and it is said to support the emotional heart. The triterpenes in the mushroom may help to lower blood pressure, and support cardiovascular health and circulation.
- Asthma Reishi mushrooms are known for their anti-inflammatory properties, and inflammation plays a role in asthma.
- Anti aging Known as the mushroom of immortality in traditional Chinese medicine, rich in bioactive compounds such as polysaccharides, triterpenes, and antioxidants. These compounds are believed to play a role in opposing oxidative stress, reducing inflammation, and regulating the immune system. By neutralizing free radicals and promoting a balanced immune response, reishi mushroom may contribute to cellular health.
How To Consume
The best way to take reishi can depend on individual preferences and the form in which the mushroom is available. Here are several common ways to incorporate reishi into your routine:
- Capsules or Tablets: Reishi supplements are available in capsule or tablet form. This is the most convenient option for those who prefer an exact dosage. Always follow recommended dosage instructions on the product label.
- Powder: Reishi mushroom powder can be mixed into a variety of drinks and foods. The powder can be easily added to a smoothie, mixed it into tea or coffee, or blended into soups and stews. Follow dosage recommendations.
- Tinctures: Reishi tinctures are liquid extracts of the mushroom. Tinctures are consumed by placing a few drops under the tongue. This method allows for relatively quick absorption into the bloodstream.
- Tea: Reishi mushroom tea is a traditional method of consumption. You can use dried reishi slices or reishi powder to make a soothing tea. Simply steep the reishi in hot water for an appropriate duration, usually around 15-20 minutes and sip. Adding some honey helps to alleviate the bitter taste.
- Dried Slices: Dehydrated reishi mushroom slices can be eaten dried or steeped in tea. The flavor can be bitter, however this method allows for an unprocessed intake of the mushroom.
It is advisable to start with a low dose and gradually increase it to assess individual tolerance. Consult with a health professional before consuming reishi, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions or are taking medications.
Thank you for taking the time to read today; my hope is that my writing serves to help and uplift you. Your generous contribution through a subscription enables us to sustain our efforts in aiding individuals to lead more fulfilling and enriching lives.
You can sign up here, and choose a plan that best suits you, cancel at anytime. 👉 SmileyBlue Subscription
Follow Smiley Blue on 👉Instagram
Follow Smiley Blue on 👉Facebook