Does this sound like it is going to be a piece on religious gobbledegook? It isn't the intention, and I hope you read on.
“We are all pure love” My personal exploration of a spiritual path that transcends religious preconceptions.
Years ago, I was heavily involved in spiritism, such as clairvoyance, angel cards, and reiki and even attended the spiritual church for a few years. I became a psychic medium, and I was extremely good at it. If you had told me back then it was deception, I would only have fiercely defended it and said it is all about the intentions behind it.
After four years of exploring spiritism, I tried something called trance mediumship. But it made me feel like something was not right. I remember the first time I saw a medium go into a trance – it happened in a dark room with a red light, and a different personality took over. I wondered why the medium could easily connect with the spirit of my relative in a normal state but struggled in the trance state.
The energy in the room would change, feeling dense, thick and heavy. I recall feeling as though I could vomit, which would happen each time I witnessed a trance demonstration.
My mediumship began to lead me down this path, and each time I called on my spirit guides, I would feel intensely sleepy and physically begin feeling changes all over my body. Not too long after departing from it all, never returning. Spiritism all began as love and light, and it felt great. It came to me at my lowest point when my father died.
“Self-deception is an insidious condition. You will never meet a person who knows he is self-deceived. By definition, those ensnared are completely unaware that they are.” Tom Ascoll
Finding The Way
Near my old home, there was a big sign next to the motorway that said, "Jesus Saves." I couldn't fully grasp the meaning, driving past it and forgetting about it. Eventually, I prayed for insight to help me understand, and my prayers were answered.
I see now that spiritism is deception, pulling us away from the truth. When the truth eventually lands within your being, you will know.
People are desperately seeking spiritual truth but don't realise it. Never before have we seen humans so disconnected, mentally sick, physically sick, confused, and divided, whilst those who speak the word of God face mockery, persecution, and a lot of judgment.
It's amusing to me when I have stood on both sides. I used to be a person who loved the world and all the external pleasures, loving designer clothes, handbags, jewellery and cars. Today prefering a simplified life, connected to nature and all I am. This shift in my being brings far more happiness and joy than my previous existence.
Why would anyone knowingly speak about God in a world turned away from spiritual truth? The reason is that we know God, and it runs far beyond belief.
John 5:19 We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.
Why is this world the way it is? In turmoil, polluted, plagued with illness, greed, and mental distress, gripped by anxiety and media fear. Is it not blindingly obvious yet?
Are we supposed to go through life facing obstacles and challenges, or can we become such in our ways that we no longer see the darkness in anything?
The most holy people on earth remove themselves from the ways of the world. Their minds are in places of silence and serenity. Their inner and external environment is pure and unpolluted.
In a perfect world, we would all ideally live this way.
How do we cope and live in an imperfect world and not get caught up in the ways of the world? Living in a world of unbelievers is not easy, and conducting your life in devotion to the one true God does mean separating yourself off to some extent.
We are the lighthouses for the people whose hearts are ready to come, and regrettably, not everyone will. It is okay and perfectly acceptable to drop all that weighs you heavily down, particularly when someone slanders your knowledge or continues to disrespect what you know to be true.
2 Corinthians 6: 14-15 - Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?
There can only be one creator of creation. Every material object on this earth began as a thought before it became a reality. God is an incredible artist and did the same when he created the earth, man, plants and animals.
There is much confusion and argument about God and religion, yet the answer is simple and sits in front of us. We were all made in the image and likeness of God, regardless of race or colour. The goal is to become like God, which is why Jesus came to earth as the gold standard, so we may imitate him in our ways and reach our divine potential.
Tips To Help You
- Stand in your core values at all times. God will always back you up.
- Live with honest intentions and integrity, and be a shining example of the truth and values you live by.
- Forgive the wrongdoings of others as a gift to yourself; it does not mean you have to condone poor or bad behaviour.
- Do not harbour resentment; the mind suffers when sending hateful thoughts towards others.
- Forcing spiritual truth on people not yet ready to hear it in their hearts only brings problems. Be an example of the truth instead, and always remember the power of a planted seed in the mind.
- Do good works, and good works return to you.
- Know we are all imperfect humans, doing our best to navigate life. If you have done wrong, take full responsibility for the consequences of your actions, and pray for genuine forgiveness from your heart.
- Place your spirituality at the forefront of your life. Put the rocks in the bucket first, and the sand will fit easily around the rocks. Life will be easier to navigate this way around.
- In a difficult situation, learn to view it as a challenge or test of faith. Do you need to practice more patience, find the courage to act, or strengthen your knowledge?
- Find a good congregation of people who align with you, and consider taking a bible study course to help with your understanding. Pray and meditate for more knowledge and wisdom whilst taking the action to live by high standards.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. In a world yearning for spiritual truth, may we humbly continue to love, expand, learn, and grow.
1-1 Spiritual Guidance will support you on your journey. Shift your mindset and learn to value every life experience as a gift to propel you higher.