There is almost a sensual longing for communion with others who have a large vision. The immense fulfillment of the friendship between those engaged in furthering the evolution of consciousness has a quality impossible to describe.”
― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
David R. Hawkins, a psychiatrist and spiritual teacher, developed “The Map of Consciousness®” that he presented in his book, Power vs Force, and expanded upon in later works. The map is a scale of human consciousness and emotions, measuring levels from 1 to 1000. Each level represents a specific range of attitudes, emotions, and states of being, with higher levels indicating higher states of consciousness.
Here is an overview of some key levels on the “Map of Consciousness®” Based upon Hawkins teachings.
- Shame (Level 20): The lowest level on the scale, characterised by feelings of worthlessness and self-hatred.
- Guilt (Level 30): Slightly higher than shame, guilt involves a sense of remorse and a desire for forgiveness.
- Apathy (Level 50): Marked by a lack of interest, care, or enthusiasm. Apathy is a state of indifference.
- Grief (Level 75): Associated with feelings of loss and sadness. It can involve mourning and a sense of powerlessness.
- Fear (Level 100): The level of anxiety and worry. Fear can be related to specific situations or be more generalized.
- Desire (Level 125): The level associated with craving, longing, and the pursuit of pleasure or satisfaction.
- Anger (Level 150): Characterized by feelings of irritation, frustration, or rage. It often involves a desire for control or dominance.
- Pride (Level 175): This level involves an inflated sense of self and a tendency to look down upon others.
- Courage (Level 200): A significant shift occurs at this level, marked by empowerment and a willingness to take responsibility.
- Neutrality (Level 250): The beginning of higher consciousness, characterized by acceptance, understanding, and non-judgment.
- Willingness (Level 310): This level is associated with openness to new possibilities and a proactive approach to life.
- Acceptance (Level 350): Characterized by forgiveness, understanding, and a willingness to embrace life as it is.
- Reason (Level 400): This level represents the development of intellectual understanding, knowledge, and critical thinking.
- Love (Level 500): Unconditional love and compassion become predominant at this level. It transcends personal attachments and extends to all of humanity.
- Joy (Level 540): A state of inner bliss and happiness that is not dependent on external circumstances.
- Peace (Level 600): A profound sense of tranquility and inner harmony. It is characterized by a lack of attachment to outcomes.
- Enlightenment (Level 700-1000): The highest levels of consciousness, where individuals experience a state of oneness and transcendence. Few individuals throughout history are said to have reached these levels
Your judgments about another person say more about your own character than the character of the person you are pointing a finger at.
This is the key and one of the most fundamental insights about the ‘red flags’ that we often dismiss regarding the people in our lives. If someone complains a lot to you about other people, guess what? That is part of their current character. And, as quickly as the tide changes, you can just as easily become the person they target and criticise, point fingers at, and negatively judge. Forever and always, until vibrations are raised, this will be the cycle of the relationship. So, it’s your choice to continue to engage in the cycle with them, or to move on.
There are plenty of people who do not criticize, point fingers, or judge. THIS is the kind of character we want to foster within ourselves. THIS is the character of the kind of people we DO want to develop close relationships with.”
― Alaric Hutchinson: Author Of Living Peace- Essential Teachings For Enriching Life
Low Consciousness: Shame, Guilt, Apathy, Guilt & Fear
Have you ever met one of those people who are serial complainers? Life is always happening to them, and little do they realise that life is happening because of them. At lower levels of consciousness, it is easy to get stuck in perpetual cycles of negativity. People at this level often need a lot of external help and support to help them see past their self-destructive patterns of behaviour.
Push Harder & Burn Out: Desire, Anger & Pride
Next, we must learn to transcend being all things to everyone; pushing harder and trying to excel in all areas of our lives only leads to health issues and ultimate burnout. I know because I spent much of my life in this place trying to be perfect in the already imperfect external world. Working through the fire of anger almost destroyed my health. I hit rock bottom, and it was sink or swim time.
Becoming Aware Of Our Power: Courage, Neutrality, Willingness & Forgiveness
At this level, we learn to face our past traumas, whereas at the lower levels, we would run from them. We begin to look deeper within ourselves, learning acceptance and forgiveness is the key to progress. Becoming conscious of our thoughts, words, and actions is a step in the right direction. Here, we start taking actionable steps to create a more positive life and growth mindset.
Your Thoughts Create Reality
I used to meditate on what I wanted heaven to look like. My mind's eye pictured an outdoor porch, overlooking the rolling hills and fields. I imagined sitting outside on a warm sunny day with a pot of hot tea, and the loving company of my dog. This scene formed the setting of my dream life or my heaven on earth. Little did I realize through visualization, I manifested this scene into reality.
Recently, we moved to the Scottish Highlands, choosing to escape the hustle and bustle of life in a town for the solitude and peace of the countryside. We sold up and decided to leave everything behind us to embrace this new life. The decision happened quickly to purchase land, design, and build a house.
The first plot of land we discovered was perfect, high up on a hill with beautiful views over the rolling hills and fields. Without even thinking too deeply, we designed a house with a porch so we could overlook the views.
Then, it occurred to me that I had perfectly manifested the vision I held in my meditation.
In our ongoing search for heightened spiritual awareness, we can eventually discover a realm attaining a high level of consciousness. At this stage, we can feel unseen and unheard by those whose awareness hasn’t yet transcended. It's not a physical invisibility but more a disconnect in understanding.
As we ascend the consciousness levels, the desire to awaken others often becomes very frustrating, like speaking an incomprehensible language to those not yet attuned to this higher level of understanding. It can be tempting to want to force your newfound revelations onto others, only realising that each time you do, the more you push people away. We have to eventually learn to transcend the attachment to want to wake others up and accept people where they are.
Each new level of consciousness demands an uncomfortable calibration before revealing its new understandings.
The Eagle Mindset: Reason & Flying High Towards Love
I name one pinnacle level the Eagle Mindset—an ability to rise above ego and judgment for more panoramic views of the world. At this level, we can see past all societal division tactics, release ego attachments, and all things that weigh down our ability to fly higher. We likely form more genuine relationships, or quite happily go solo, just like eagles.
At this newfound level, we feel lighter in our being, understanding the processes, and recognising that we are scaling upwards to ultimate love for all. We may find that old friendships dissolve, but recognise that the people who truly love us stay for the rest of the journey. We can now experience gratitude for everything, even the painful experiences.
Woo Woo Land: Love, Joy, Peace & Enlightenment
The journey of levelling up consciousness is to seek love, joy, peace, and the radiant light of the mind or enlightenment, which knows no bounds. In these further heightened states, detachment from societal norms is natural, as one aligns with a higher plane of existence and an unwavering faith in God and self.
The essence lies in recognising that our societal judgments hinder our ascension process. On this incredible collective journey called life, all individuals play a role in guiding each other home. While some remain fixated on their worldly experiences for happiness, the real key to happiness lies in creation of a mindset of exercising daily joy and gratitude. True wealth, not material, but spiritual, is the path to understanding life's intricate tapestry.
In pursuit of a rich life, we learn that wealth without wisdom is futile. The real power lies in acquiring knowledge and wisdom and elevating the mind to a higher understanding. Recognising that humans descended to earth not to gain material riches but for spiritual wealth, we can learn to navigate adversities with a heightened awareness.
How To Scale Up
1. Set positive intentions daily
- Open your heart to higher understanding through daily prayer and meditating.
- Dispel judgmental thoughts towards others with love.
- Treat yourself with loving care and kindness, and direct loving thoughts towards yourself.
- Embody love through intentional acts of kindness and service, understanding that through acts of giving to others, we give to ourselves too.
The lens through the world we see is merely a perception tied to our own level of consciousness.
Through the transformation journey towards seeking spiritual enlightenment, we ultimately see and experience the magic, beauty, and wonder of our existence unfold, and here pure love resides in our hearts for all beings and nature. We discover harmony with God and a life rich in profound understanding.
Written by Lisa Precious- Copyright Reserved