Why you don't need her bank account, personal trainers and coaches, instead you need some self love.
You don't need tons of money to look and feel good. What you truly need is to love and respect yourself. That's the key to having more energy, motivation, and determination in life.
Supermarkets today are brimming with processed convenience foods, but taking a moment to connect with nature reminds us of the wisdom in making healthy, natural food choices.
We often believe that looking and feeling good requires pricey gym memberships or costly surgeries, when, in reality, everything we need for our well-being is already present in nature and within ourselves.
“Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness.”
- Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
When we see people looking good as they get older, it's not just luck. There's been a lot of hard work behind the scenes that we don't see. It takes years of discipline and determination to master your mind and body. Sadly, many people make excuses instead of putting in the effort required.
We often find reasons why we can't do something instead of why we can. For example, if you know you need to lose weight, what are you doing about it right now? There's no perfect time to start a healthier lifestyle, so why wait?
I used to be a fitness coach, and I struggled with my weight too. Eventually I gave up on all diets and intense exercise regimes and found that my body settled at a comfortable weight when I relaxed a bit. I used to do too much exercise, eat on calorie controlled diets, drink diet sodas, smoke and weigh myself daily. It's no surprise I felt off-balance and sometimes had unpredictable mood changes. Today I cannot believe I treated my mind and body so harshly.
I believe in self-discipline, but it doesn't have to be extreme. Small changes can and do lead to big results.
Strict diets and tough exercise plans usually don't work in the long run. Many companies sell quick fixes, but they rarely deliver. Being healthy is a lifelong commitment that doesn't involve restriction. It's about taking loving care of yourself and having the self-respect and discipline to make wholesome choices.
Any health expert who says the mind and body are separate is mistaken. Your mind is incredibly powerful and can hold you back if you let it. You need to be aware of the inner voice that tries to stop you from reaching your health goals.
Moving your body daily is essential because it keeps you strong and flexible. Take short breaks throughout the day to move a bit more than usual. Even just marching in place with some weights for a few minutes each day adds up. Start small and build from there. Do everything out of love and respect for yourself, not as an enemy.
The real enemy is doing nothing and listening to the negative voice in your head. Remember, there are no quick fixes or magic pills for true health. It's your birthright, but big companies profit from making it seem more complicated than it is.
It's okay to have your favorite foods, but try to choose natural, unprocessed ones. Practice self-discipline by eating at a table without distractions. This will make you more aware of your eating habits.
No one can take action for you. It might feel like a big mountain to climb, but taking small achievable steps every day will get you there. Setbacks are always part of the journey, as long as you keep moving forward, everyday is a new start.
- Start Small: Don't overwhelm yourself with drastic changes. Begin with small, manageable steps. Include short bursts of exercise into your day or make gradual improvements to your diet, starting small sets you up for long-term success.
- Consistency Matters: Understand that consistency is key. Health is a lifelong journey, and setbacks are a natural part of it. What's important is that you keep moving forward. Even if you take a step back occasionally, as long as you're taking more steps forward, you're on the right track.
- Mind-Body Connection: Recognize the powerful connection between your mind and body. Your thoughts can either empower or hinder your progress. Train your mind to be your ally, not your enemy. Be aware of the inner voice that holds you back and work on silencing it to reach your health goals.
- Sit Down : Practice mindful eating by sitting at a table everytime you eat without distractions. When you sit down to eat, focus solely on your meal. Put away electronic devices and turn off the TV. This allows you to fully engage with your food. When you reach for a snack, ensure you discipline yourself to sit at the table and eat it with care and attention.
- Loving Nourishment: Have a loving relationship with food by recognizing that fresh, whole foods are your body's nourishment and your mind's support. Welcome the idea that every colorful fruit, vibrant vegetables, and wholesome grains are a gift to your well-being. When you view food as a source of vitality and fuel, you naturally make choices that will uplift your body and mind.
- Revamp Your Favorites: Experiment more with your favorite foods using fresh, wholesome ingredients. Instead of dismissing the processed foods you love, create them in a healthier way. For instance, if you enjoy pizza, try making a wholewheat crust and loading it with colorful veggies. By getting creative in the kitchen, you infuse your meals with love and goodness but also discover new flavours and textures that become your new favorites. You will find that overtime your taste buds adjust and you won't want to eat processed food again.
- Self-Love and Respect: Remember that self-love and self-respect are the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. Treat yourself kindly and prioritize your well-being. Make choices that nourish your body and mind, not out of punishment but out of love and respect for yourself.
To your good health
Written By Lisa Precious - All Copyright Reserved